Thursday, March 27, 2003

Holi - off colored!

I went to my parents to celebrate Holi festival and knowing that my newly wed is already I was very excited and happy. It was glorious for two days.

Third day her younger brother came and asked us to go and celebrate Holi with them. I said if this was the case someone elder from your family should have come to invite or they should have called us. You are too young to invite us to your house on such a big festival. He probably talked to his parents but no invitation from them and we all continued to enjoy our time as the Holi was 2 days later.

God knows what happend and next morning my wife did not get up on time, she even kept inside her room. We thought she might not be feeling well but when I asked what was wrong she started shouting. She was probably why we did not go to her parents to enjoy Holi. But I explained it's just not logical to go if nobody has invited us. Otherwise our relatives and neighbours would pass on comments. But she made it a big issue and started abusing my mother and siter with dirty langaues.

We just could not believe if she could react like this for no reasons. If her parents really wanted us to be there with them, they should have asked my father as these kinds of discussions are known to be discussed among guardians in our society and culture. But she did not listen to all this and only stopped all her "drama" when some neighbours interrupted finally.

They all suggested her it's only reasonable that her father should have talked to my father if he really wanted us to be there on this festival...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home