Monday, July 18, 2005

Social Insult and Harassment

My parents called up and informed me that my inlaws have come with about 20 people (some of them relatives) without even informing us and it seems like something is wrong. A couple of hours my mother was on phone. She was crying and requested me to come there as my inlaws had to discuss something with me. I asked them to give the phone to inlaws so I could ask them what is the issue. But none of them took the phone and I could hear them saying "iski maa ke hath pair tod do tabhi ladka aayega" and phone was disconnected. I was shocked and shaken and I decided to go there as soon as possible. My father called up again and asked almost begging when I was coming. I requested him again if he could bring one of them to talk to me. Finally my elder sisters father inlaw responded and I asked him what was the issue. He said I should come ASAP and I requested if he could give me some time because I had some important tasks to do here. He showed up little polite and requested my inlaws that I could come on Monday.

I was there on due time and they had said to come in morning on Monday. Some neighbours and other relatives were there to understand the issue and get a solution but by evening nobody came. Meanwhile my neighbours told me how badly my inlaws and his relatives and some of his criminal type men behaved with my parents. They abused and harassed my parents like and even warned to kill them if they would not put of relations with me and disown me legally.

Finally my inlaws came in the evening again with about 30 people with them and they had a women activist with them as well this time. She came up and introduced herself as women cell president of the other district and also said that she is women congress cheif for that district. She started asking me why we were troubling the girl and if we know that we all could be put in jail. I said she could ask my wife herself what the issues she had and thus things will be clear. My wife started blaming us with false dowry demand. She complained straightway that I was asking for Rs. 1 lacs as dowry and her father was not able to pay that money we all were troubling her. Listening to this even the women activist herself got angry with my wife because she had probably told other complaints to her before coming here. The women activist herself agreed that my wife was lying about dowry demand complaint on us but we should resolve the dispute.

I explained how badly my inlaws were mentoring my wife and that is why she was making all the issues. I told her the entire story how they have been troubling us. She verified those facts and agreed it was wrong with us. Finally she suggested that I should give it a try staying with my wife seperately and I agreed to it for a short period of time to see if she would stay happy away from my parents.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home